Tuesday, June 5, 2007

affordable or cheap car insurance

Johnson: How does anyone survive turning 50? By cashing in

They had to go do it, to remind me in black and white of the one thing I was desperately trying to ignore for just a few more months.

In my mind, you see, it still seems like only, well, at least a couple of weeks ago that I was taking out of its plastic wrapper the powder-blue tuxedo, bow tie, cummerbund, and dress shirt with the ridiculously puffy blue ruffles that I wore along with white shoes beneath a giant, perfectly trimmed Afro to my senior prom.

That I cannot remember the name of the girl I took ought to remind me, I guess, of how long ago that was.

Wasn't it only a few years ago that Father Charley, unnerved by the incessant clickety clack of the steel baseball spikes I had forgotten to take off in my rush to make 6 p.m. Mass, finally stopped Communion, pulled up my altar boy's alb and glared at me?

Of course it wasn't, as the thick envelope my wife waved at me the other day screamed.

No comments: